Stuff That Annoys Me

     Last year on my birthday, I had a guest post written by a good friend.  It was exceptionally overwhelming getting to know myself from another person's point of view.  And so, though it's been more than a month after my birthday, I want my most loyal friends (those who take the time to read my posts) to know some stuff about me that's from my own point of view.  


So, what can possibly annoy me?
One Important Thing About Me...

     I try limit my expression of negativity because I believe that when we speak of it, it gets stronger.  However, I don't deny the truth that when we face and treat negativity as our enemy, there's the bigger chance that we can defeat it.  I still express my dislike, but I try to talk about it in a positive light.  And so on this post, I will introduce few of the things that I find annoying, but only because I'm thankful to be in the company of people who are just the opposite of what I'm about to discuss. 

What I Do...

     One of my principles in life is to address critical issues with whomever is involved.  If something bothers me, I tell the person responsible for my sadness what my feelings are and my thoughts about it.  I may sugarcoat my words to sound less offending, but nonetheless, I express it with utmost honesty and sincerity.  I try to be diplomatic but without losing objectivity and purpose.  If I don't care about you, I will not be going to such length of telling you.  Only people I care about deserve my most intimate feelings, and only if I care enough will I risk the possibility of a fight or a misunderstanding.  Don't get me wrong, I care about many things, but I know who or what my priorities are.  Besides, I'm not the type who lets the whole world know of my feelings yet the person for whom my feelings are directed to has no idea about it.  That's not fair, I think.

What I DON'T Do...

     As much as possible, I don't express my (negative) feelings through my Facebook status or twitter, and most certainly, I seldom blog about it. I see nothing wrong with doing that, and I definitely have nothing against people who does that -- but I prefer that I go to the source of my discomfort and discuss the issue directly with them.  I deal with it, make a compromise and then resolve it.  Maybe not right away, but there's always the right time.  Unless I am mad at a Hollywood celebrity or the president of a certain country, then I will tell whoever is concerned my thoughts and opinion on the issue.  Sometimes I might sound like I think I'm always right, but only because I've contemplated thoroughly on the matter at hand.  It will be hard for me to admit my mistake if I have one, but I'll go to the other side without you reminding me about them.  Ehrr -- eventually.

     I do, however, on my blog, Facebook, or twitter, try to share positive realities of life that I think and feel can help other people.  In my thankfulness of having a positive outlook, I try my best to share it with my friends.  When we share something, it comes back to us with interest.  And I think that's pretty amazing. 

So, What Bothered Me Recently?

     Looking at the world with negativity and putting the blame on something that has more positivity than evil in it -- well, that bothers me.  Let's face it, a thing is only as good or as bad depends on who's using it.  And whoever is behind that medium is a combination of genes, history, upbringing, education, environment and many many other factors.  You know -- human nature that has the tendency to be, well, human.  And please, don't go preaching the world of a positive end result by looking at something negatively in the process.  The end does not justify the means.  Besides, you yourself is guilty of using that medium that's the subject of your ridicule.  Why look at something in that light when even yourself use it?  If you are someone of great influence to others and whom others respect for your opinions, please teach people how to look at life positively.  Avoid blaming things or circumstances, rather teach people how to make things and circumstances work for them, to own the consequences of their actions as well as act positively upon it, and lastly, inspire others to become the change that they wanted to be.

     Example:  A good friend's status discusses how social networking sites has made the world smaller but people emotionally distant.  The examples cited as the ill effects of social networking sites included the police officer killing his family, that guy in the province who killed his family as well, and lots of other killings.  Then the status declared that we should turn to God instead because God is never distant.  I have no argument on the last statement, indeed God is never distant -- but the premise is a bit off.  I argued that the examples cited are people who are bottled up and are likely to have facebook or twitter accounts that they can use to talk to their friends.  As a matter of fact, people with social networking accounts are expressive and are most likely not sit in the corner plotting how to do harm to his wife or children.  Because people in the Internet are quite expressive of their emotions, they don't end up exploding or getting insane.

     The purpose is quite good, I myself is guilty of professing my faith publicly.  But it's just wrong to point a finger to a culprit that honestly, is neutral, and in most cases, has done more good than bad.  I would have liked the statement a thousand times if it expressed using social networking sites as a medium to get closer to God rather than sounding accusing.  Friends, please don't go preaching like that, specially if people listen to you or value your opinion.  Imagine how many minds you will be influencing by such negativity.  Please think of the consequences of your actions.

     You might be asking if I did go to the source directly?  Yes, I did.  I'm sharing this with you so you know that doing something like that can possibly annoy me, big time. Ha-ha.

     Another thing that bothers me are people who are unaware that they are accusing other people of certain faults that they themselves are guilty of.  I abhor to a certain extent those who cannot be consistent.  I am not saying that they have no integrity, but really, it's almost next to having none.  What does it mean when you say one thing, yet your action does not reflect your words?  You preach this, yet you do that.  You scold someone for being like this, yet you are guilty of it yourself.

     Well, no-one is perfect.  That's why we have our family, our friends and other people who cares for us to back us up.  We got people who cares enough to tell us about the things that we need to know about ourselves.  One of the thoughts I've learned from my high school English class and I think that you might agree on this too, that the biggest room in this world is the room for self improvement.  Indeed it is.  Let's strive to be the best that we can be.  And let's challenge ourselves to be a better version of ourselves everyday. 

     Thank you for reading this far and if you got any opinion about this post, let me know on the comments' section below.  See ya!

29 comments:

Admin said...

That's really annoying!

I also don't like negativity, it ruins my day! I always think positive! :)

Unknown said...

let negative energy out.. positive in.. :)

Clark Kenty said...

=> "First Part"...

Hello, Myke!
First I would like to thank you for the words that you left on my blog!
I also greatly appreciate your friendship and I wish him all the happiness in the world.
May Christmas bring many joys and the New Year be filled with Peace, Health and Prosperity ... To you and all your family!
My sincere Best regards!

Clark Kenty said...

=> "Second Part"...

Myke, I read all your post ... each of its words (with the help of Google Translator)
I Realized That someone said something That made you very "uncomfortable" (I do not know if it's the right word).

You're right when he says:
"... Imagine how many minds you will be influencing by such negativity. Please think of the consequences of your actions..."
Words, as well as thoughts and actions, may actually cause many conflicts.

Sometimes I go through complicated situations, too... Working in a factory with all kinds of people - a word at the wrong time and can lead to many problems ... It's really complicated!

Sometimes is necessary retaliate, But sometimes it is better to wait the time resolve the issue.

So is that!
My, Friend, don't worry ... be happy! And remember that all things, good or bad, will pass! (Eclesiastes of Bible)

Michael said...

Thanks Marco Walter (1) and Jennifer (2) for the visit!

Clark Lost (3 & 4) - Thank you Clark for the greetings. I wish you and your family the best this holiday season.

About the post, don't worry so much about that. Haha. It's few of the things that might annoy me but it really depends on who's doing it. If it's someone irrelevant in my life, I don't really care. Happy holidays Clark!

Unknown said...

returning visit & morning greeting ♥

about my pet megu, you won't really understand hehe :P

Adopted "KULASA" said...

Hey Myke,

Now this is a very strong post about your strong dislike for something/someone.

A good friend's status discusses how social networking sites has made the world smaller but people emotionally distant. -->> Sounds very familiar.

You might be asking if I did go to the source directly? Yes, I did. I'm sharing this with you so you know that doing something like that can possibly annoy me, big time. Ha-ha. -->> I can very well attest to it. :D

Another thing that bothers me are people who are unaware that they are accusing other people of certain faults that they themselves are guilty of. I abhor to a certain extent those who cannot be consistent. I am not saying that they have no integrity, but really, it's almost next to having none. What does it mean when you say one thing, yet your action does not reflect your words? You preach this, yet you do that. You scold someone for being like this, yet you are guilty of it yourself. -->> I hope it's not one and the same person that caused you BIG TIME annoyance. :(

Hope to hear from you soon.

Annie said...

nice blog

My Good Life Blog said...

Well said Myke... Well said.

David Pearce said...

keep spirit bro!!
have fun

lina@happy family said...

Excellent post, Myke.

Yvette said...

well said myke..:))

- ron

BlogS of Hariyanto said...

yesterday is history,
tomorrow is a hope,
this day is a blessing,
enjoy this day with a smile and enthusiasm to get a better life tomorrow :-)

Michael said...

Thank you guys for the visit.

Adopted "KULASA" (7) - Haha, don't worry, that part which said "another thing that bothers me are people who are unaware that they are accusing other people of certain faults that they themselves are guilty of..." do not refer to the same person who annoyed me 'big-time.' These are just some observation from Twitter and the people there who accuse other people of certain stuff. Unlike the first issue, I did not bother tell them what I think coz I'm not in any position to meddle. I will let them sort it out on their own. As I've said, only people I care about can know about my most intimate feelings or behavior. LOL!

Somoon said...

My visit to this nice blog. Have a wonderful Friday.

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend Myke, thank you very much for your visit, good weekend with peace & happiness. Hugs Valter.

Unknown said...

here for you back.. :D

Anonymous said...

great weekend dear friend Michael, follow me please on.... Google+ - thanks great Weekend, Hugs Joey

Zeyta said...

bw here n done follow u... lets invest with us...before the price raised next month...:)

David Pearce said...

happy weekend my friend!

Michael said...

Thank you for the visit. Have a great week ahead everybody!

vanny chrisma w said...

Hal-hal yang mengganggu diri saya, setiap manusia memang selalu mendapatkan gangguan dalam bentuk apapun, teman.

namun, ketahuilah bahwa apa yang menjadikan gangguan itu adalah sesuatu yang bisa menjadikanmu dewasa.

sorry, speak indonesian :)

Vin said...

that's very interesting! maybe someday if i get to know you through your blog i'll jot down a few stuff about how i see things through you :) (does that make sense?) lol haha... thanks for visiting back, have a great week! enjoy your monday or should i say tuesday, since you're ahead one day from me :)

ICAH BANJARMASIN said...

hello, my friend, It may be the angel of happiness that makes us happy hours to enjoy Christmas, he shows us how life can be carefree. many greetings to Wednesday, and 3 more days until Christmas..

Michael said...

vanny chrisma w (22) - Hi, even-though you still did not make sense after I used Google translator, I still appreciate the comment. Just make sure you're not cursing or anything. Haha

Vin (23) - You're so sweet Vin, thanks buddy.

ICAH BANJARMASIN (24) - Thank you. ☺

Anonymous said...

thats was really interesting, what the beatiful nike shirt u,u i want it

Michael said...

@Raka Pratama - thanks!

Sop Iga Sapi Cirebon said...

dear Mike, we know each other for a couple month but let me say "thumb up" for you. An honour that I have you. Thanks for the online friendship we care together.

Michael said...

@Abeg Oth - thanks buddy, the honor is definitely mine. Thank you for the friendship. ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...