The Sweetest Thing

     Hello beautiful people, what's up?  Sorry for not updating this blog lately but don't think even for a minute that I've forgotten about you, my awesome and most loyal readers.  Anyway, I've talked about friendship on this blog several times in the past, particularly on these posts:  (Go ahead, read them if you haven't yet).
[L-R]: Bespren Kent, bestest JayB, MPC Yvette, Me, best friend Tokzzz and sexy AJ
       And so, please allow me to write about the topic once more...

     On my twitter account I sometimes talk about friendship, how friends are abundant everywhere, and that real friends are God's blessing to those who deserve them.  Just what do we do to make ourselves worthy to have friends?  Be a friend!  ("The only way to be a friend is to be one." - Ralph Waldo Emerson)  If you want people to be interested in you, you have to be interested in them.  And since many of us are attention seekers and narcissists -- finding a real friend will prove to be a tough task.  We will need someone, a special person, who will make us feel that there's someone more important apart from ourselves.  And though everybody can have a chance to become a friend, I've also mentioned on this post that it is our choice who among the people around us will be allowed to become part of our lives and who will have the chance to know us beyond the superficial.  ("The soul selects her own society then shuts the door" - Emily Dickinson)

[L-R]: Marygie, Me, and Precious

     Friendship is such a big idea, it cannot be contained with words nor be defined by a set of rules or norms.  However, since we know who we want in our lives, then we can try to outline the type of people who we want in our circle of friends.  So we try to build a wall and only those who qualify can go through that wall.  But at one point, we should be prepared to tear down these barriers and give room for people who, though they don't answer to the standards we've defined yet we still want them to become our friends for reasons that only our hearts can explain.

     No words will ever be enough to describe how we can truly be a friend to our friends.  What I do is just care for them as much as I can, as the laws of man would allow.  And if it feels good, then I know that I'm doing something right to deserve that sense of peace.

[L-R]: Me, Madam President Neriz Gabelo, BesButch
     Let me share with you an email from a friend, one of the sweetest and kindest someone has ever said to me.  This is actually part of our crazy conversation on facebook.  We type in shorthand so I modified the spelling a little bit, but not the grammar and structure.  Here goes:
     "LOL. You know I love you beyond these mortal heavens mike...

     For some reason, I treasure you like an old man's best-friend.  But I've never even met you yet.  But I have this feeling that we've been friends forever.  That's why I keep holding on to that thought of 'forever' -- like never letting go, LOL!  I may sound super corny right now but it's true and what I feel right now is genuine love, although love has different meanings.  Remember when I confessed that I never believed in a deity, you never changed your perception of me.  You never judged me by my beliefs -- how outrageous it may seem.  You never belittled my wildest dreams, goals and achievements.  You listened to everything, took time to reply and pass wisdom even though you're not in the mood whatsoever.  I think you're the most perfect thing in the world second to me of course LOL.  A little bit of perfect somehow, but one thing I'm wondering about is why do you ever DON'T get tired of caring when everybody (even me) got tired of doing so?  I don't know I think that's a mystery I want to ask myself forever. I never expected anything from you, but I do hope about one thing:  NEVER CHANGE.  Because if you do, I think I'll be the saddest person in this world [:(] Pinky promise me that because I want to hug you in person already!!!  Gnitey dear mike!!"
     Such sweet words coming from a big guy whom I treat as my little brother.  In my heart, I know I'm doing that pinky promise that he asked me to make.  Bro, you just don't know how much this inspired me to become a better friend to you and to all the people I keep close with me.  Thank you far more than words can express.

     Indeed, friends are everywhere. It's a blessing to find the ones who stays true despite being in a superficial world.  And if you are blessed with real friends, treasure them and tell them how much you value them.  As I've said before, you guys are all welcome to be my friend.  And though I may have my standards, I might just defy those standards if I see that the friendship is worth the trouble.

     Thank you all for reading, until my next post!

*Photos were used WITHOUT permission but they saw this post and thanked me anyway. LOL!
Tags: how do you define friendship, meaning of friendship, how to be a real friend

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Who wrote that letter? Sweet. :)

rona said...

Wow! That is so sweet! AT talagang may pinky promise! I love it! You deserve friends Mike!

Axl Powerhouse Network said...

welcome back.. namiss ko tuloy yung mga real friends ko..

ardee sean said...

hey there mike.. i was actually having 'Make me feel my love' in my background when i was reading your conversation.. so touched.. take care always.. :P

Unknown said...

Gwapings and pretty naman ng mga friends mo! :) Sweet!

Lady Fishbone said...

nakaka-relate po ako sayo... friends are gift, kay dapat lang itreasure. awh.. nalala ko tuloy friends ko :)

Michael said...

@Kent 1) - name withheld for security reasons, haha!

@rona (2) - all of us deserve friends po ma'am Rona. ☺

@Axl Powerhouse Production Inc. (3) - what about your "fake" friends, do you miss them too? Kidding LOL!

@ardee sean (4) - not familiar with that song bro. Anyway, thanks. You too, take care. ☺

@Marco | The Soul Explorer (5) - haha, thanks nong!

@Jessica (6) - hey, yep, that's right. I couldn't agree more.

Thank you guys for the visit. ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...