Post-Birthday Post...

     It's been weeks since my birthday but I'm still getting a few greetings here and there.  Thanks a lot for the warm birthday wishes!  Special thank you to my guest writer who wrote a truly touching article about me.  That was one birthday gift I shall never forget! 

I also wanna say thank you to my little sister Hannah for the cake!


     Uhm... what did I do last November 4?  I was still awake at 12 midnight, got some greetings from my really close friends who always remember every year to greet me the moment the clock strikes 12.   I slept for 8 hours and I started my day around 10AM.  While drying my gel, I responded to some greetings on facebook, on twitter and on here.  My parents texted me and a few friends who knows my mobile.  At 3PM I went to Pasig church to hear mass and thank the Lord for all the blessings.  When I got there, there's a funeral going on and I was wearing black -- how convenient!  So I made a quick prayer of thanks, made a U-Turn and promised myself that I will go to church on the Sunday that will follow.  I went to the mall to buy some stuff for myself...  watched 'the social network' while munching on some pizza and sipping on a monster coke float... and had some coffee at Starbucks on my way home at around midnight.

     On the days that followed, I met some friends whom I had not seen for a while and hanged out with them for a few hours.  They're the type who hate taking pictures so I'm sorry, no memories of those happy times. 

     But of course, it's not entirely zero...  Last November 6, I went out to meet and thank my guest writer.  Would you believe that we gobbled up an entire KFC bucket meal just the two of us?


I was like,  "Can we finish all this?"


     After that sumptuous meal and lots of talk (with lots of gravy too!)... we decided to walk around and look for the next place to hang out.  We saw these newly put up Christmas trees on our way to Starbucks.  We both took pictures of ourselves feeling a bit Christmassy... 


Starbucks was full so we went to Seattle's Best instead...


Who wants to invite me for coffee?
I need to fill up my card...  Gotta have those freebies!  LOL!


     It was not an extravagant birthday unlike the ones I had...  but what made this one truly special are the realizations that made me look at life and people differently.  Every year that I get older, I become wiser and more human.  I've accepted many things and people for what or who they are -- when in the past, I try to ignore them or at least try to change them for something acceptable for me.  I wanna say thank you to all the people who've become instruments for who I've become today:  my parents (who love me unconditionally through all time), my relatives, my friends, my enemies...  people I've met and who've stayed to become my friends... people I've met but who've left and never heard from again...  Thank you for the lessons, the experiences, the challenges, and the opportunities.  Thank you for the memories that I will remember and those that are yet to be discovered.  Thank you for becoming part of my life.

     Once again I say that life, despite it's flaws and many insecurities, is a great life which offers us unlimited chances to stand up when we've fallen, to make the pieces whole when we're broken, and to apologize to the people we've hurt along the way.  There will be scars from the wounds but those scars are the lessons we've learned and they are there to remind us of the experiences that defines who we truly are. 

     Thank you for the visit and for reading!  I hope you got something from the stuff that I've shared today.  As I always say, "Let's all be an inspiration to one another:  let's inspire and be inspired."  Inspiration comes from the most unexpected circumstances, there's no little or big things... and it might just be around the corner waiting for us.  Let's spread the good vibes everybody!

     And oh!  I feel that I need to update my style in the coming days so do watch out for that.  Plus, some new friends to be featured on here, keep your eyes open!  See you soon on my next post!  Carpe Diem!

tags: some lesson about life and friendship

30 comments:

Unknown said...

i believe so michael. the older you get the better man u'll be. and so for this year, you are a better version of what u were last year.

keep growing, keep writing, keep being you. :)

Anonymous said...

i will always remain the nimber 2. thanks for the wise realizations. they make me realize more about life as well. more importantly, thank you for the nice memories and the genuine friendship. like what you said in your bday blog, when times are bad, you will always look back and see that life is beautiful. same here...when things are not well...i can always just look back and say...well, i had fond memories with CJ. and that is one excellent reason to smile about. :)

gingerSnap said...

stay young!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday beb.. i'll always be here for you and love you forever.. i cannot promise, but i will try at my very best to be "the best" for you..

i love you so much beb..

Axl Powerhouse Network said...

yun oh moose cake.. one of my fave cake.. hingi meron pa :D

Kamila said...

ellow myke.. i gotta make it up to you.. and gotta make it fast.. hahhaa

i'm still sorry.. for yay.. not greeting you.. i'm really bad at numbers and anything with it..

freebies from starbucks yey... you knew about it? i was really hoping to have one, i mean the planner you get when you complete the stickers?, apparently, there's no freebies like those here, but there are a lot of other freebies and happy things in here.. so maybe I won't be that depressed..

i overlooked at you november 4, post about your birthday.. yay.. i saw the little prince.. and I got to say something about that..

<3 love lots.. kamila

aibaks said...

as far as i can see... this is your 2d cake rite? haha.. happy 1 year older dude! haha

Anonymous said...

Hindi ko na uulitin ang sinabi ko sayo sa twitter at pinost ko dun sa fb wall mo.. Atin-atin na lang yun. hahaha...

So.. that's your birthday cake? Looks yummy.. And based on your very detailed story-telling and the nice pictures(hmp!), you really did have fun huh. ☺ Yay! So happy for you..

Anyway, Happy birthday to you, Myke! Take care.

secultura&turismo said...

Give me literally a peace of this cake, and thanks so much to take part of your friends's list. Thanks for commenting there, and it's really hard to be volunteer and struggle supporting students in my local town. I try to do the best I can, of course donations there are welcome. By the way, I see you have a pay pal account, did you receive any donation yet? Have a wonderful day, or night, my dear friend.

Michael said...

Hello!

Ario Achda (1) - thanks ario! I will... I will grow, write and continue to be myself for as long as there are friends like you. Thank you!

Anonymous (2) - hi Nimber 2! Thank you. You know how I've always been thankful that fate brought us together to become really good friends... Best friends as a matter of fact. Take care always!

Snap (3) - i will! Thanks! ☺

Anonymous (4) - hehe, i love you too?

Axl (5) - haha, it's long gone bro! Next birthday, i'll save you a slice! LOL

Kamila (6) - hey kamila! I was touched by the post you made about my birthday and about your friends which included me (the one on your tumblr)... You take care always, ok?

aibaks (7) - I had just one bro! The first one was taken from Google image. LOL!

Leah (8) - Thanks Leah! Remember, no rice! ☻

secultura & turismo (9) - Haha, sure you can have a piece of the cake. I have not checked if i got any donation, but im sure there's none yet... if ever something comes up, i will let you know... Keep up the good work my friend! All for the best!

Thank you guys for the lovely comments! Have a great day!

Mayet said...

hmmm...that cake looks so delicious!!

Unknown said...

whoa, gosh that's mouth craving- but you are hotter and sweeter than that cake.. LOL.. just got a crush on you.. hehehehehe

aibaks said...

haha... i thought you are having 2 cakes for the bday!

can't wait for mine! hehe

J said...

u hav a great friends who remember to wish u..

i remember my last besday, no 1 wish me except from my family [and yeah i hide my besday notification on facebook to see if my fren remember or not]...

like your post..huhu

Ellen ♥ said...

up for the cake! :) belated happy birthday :) first time here :)

Michael said...

What's up folks!

Mayet (11) - Thanks! I had 3 huge slices!

Tim (12) - Tim! you have four blogs! I don't know where I'll start reading! and *blush* for the crush... LMAO! thanks for being here...

aibaks (13) - Oh, is your birthday coming soon? Let me know bro!

jackieKOH (14) - Come on now little brother, i went to your facebook page and greeted you... I will again, next year. I promise!

Ellen ♥ (15) - Wow! a chick on my blog! Thanks for the greetings! Went to your blog too...

Great Wednesday everyone!

aitotyati said...

hello Michael,

happy belated birthday ya.
May God bless you always.

(^_^)

Ellen ♥ said...

thanks for dropping by :) btw, I am your new follower, hope you will follow me back and be friends :) have a great day!

Kak Amy said...

Happy belated birthday ya , may god bless you always , amin.. i follow here

aibaks said...

go another year for my birthday though.. haha.. i'll let you when..

bout the jelly thing in my blog.. we call Malaysia made ice-cream with mix of beans! very nice & popular among us!

dude.. are working or what?

Nimmy said...

uy!!!! makikihabol ako ng greet!!!!

happy birthday pogi! :D

Michael said...

Hey hey hey!

AiTotYati (17) - Thank you for the visit and the greetings! God bless!

Ellen ♥ (18) - Yep! I went again to your blog and followed you! It's nice meeting you Ellen!

Amy Syaquena (19) - Thanks Amy! I followed your blog too!

aibaks (20) - Yeah! Haha, don't forget to invite me on your birthday! I like the 'Malaysia ice-cream' -- I'll go taste them one day!

Nimmy (21) - Thanks Nimmy! Visit me again bro!

Thank you guys again! Keep in touch and let's all be friends!

besbutch said...

besmyke...
"Once again I say that life, despite it's flaws and many insecurities, is a great life which offers us unlimited chances to stand up when we've fallen, to make the pieces whole when we're broken, and to apologize to the people we've hurt along the way. There will be scars from the wounds but those scars are the lessons we've learned and they are there to remind us of the experiences that defines who we truly are."
it's true... we've learned and thanks for reminding about life, friendships and love.. thanks for your understanding eventhough i am moody.. like you. haha.. everytime i am hurt, sad, angry.. you are worried too.. thanks..

have a nice day... and enjoy!!

Unknown said...

Hey man, i mean it.. LOL.. Well you hit the right blog buddy.. thanks anyway, i love those 4 but, i maximize the 3..

Gaia Eos said...

a birthday is always a memorable day...full of joy, happiness, care & love...the day you feel you're the king or queen :)
I like your last paragraph...a very philosophical reflection of your...life is an on-going challenge and we never stop learning in this life...at every step or page of our life, we define ourselves & write our own destiny from the choice we made...take care my dearest friend :)

xtian said...

heyy! i actually saw your twitter and u posted ur blog there so i decided to sneak in and i liked your blog its really cool. i created mine just for school purposes but i do twitter & tumblr as well.

Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAN! :) i know its way too late now but it wouldn't hurt if i still greet u right? haha thanks for the ff!

Good times

Michael said...

Hello everyone!

besbutch (23) - You're welcome. I am indeed your best friend and your brother... Take care besbutch!

Tim (24) - LOL! It's a good thing then... Keep in touch!

Gaia (25) - How's my gorgeous lady blogger friend? Thank you for the greetings! You know how grateful I am that you are here on my blog...

Xtian (26) - Hey bro! Thanks for following my blog and my twitter... I followed you back! It's a pleasure to exchange thoughts and ideas with new friends... Don't be shy to say HI on twitter! Thanks for the greetings!

Have a great day everybody!

Millionaire said...

Happy Birthday *kiss*

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday.. :)

Michael said...

Thanks!

Millionaire (28) - Sam, thanks!

Arvin Erick (29) - Thank you buddy!

It's been a month since my birthday! Heck, everyday feels like my birthday! Keep the greetings coming! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...