NICENESS...

     Today's post is all about NICENESS...

     Niceness is one thing that we are all capable of.  We can look nice, feel nice and treat other people with niceness.  Of course this is just one adjective that I can think of.  You may want to elaborate further.  You may want to refer to it as looking fantastic or stylish; being happy or content; being generous or humble; being dependable or down to earth...  but for me, it's simply being -- NICE.


      Let me tell you about some of my recent adventures which I think were really nice...

     Resident Evil on 3D with my siblings Hannah and Jeb many many weeks back.  It was my first time to watch a movie in full lenght 3D...  


Outside Sta. Ana Church in Manila, after attending a wedding last November...


     Madam's (my guest writer) invite to talk about sonnet got postponed and we instead had fun talking about why it was postponed.  We just had a huge dinner at Super Bowl of China and on our way to Seattle's Best for some coffee when we saw those Christmas decors again.  Was NOT able to resist the urge to take pictures!


     That same night, I had the chance to hang out with International actress and a really good friend of mine, Yvette Yzon.


     Yvette, or as I fondly call her MPC (I will tell you the reason why she's my MPC next time) is one of the nicest people I'm privileged to meet and had the honor of knowing.  Smart, accommodating and a real beauty.  I was kinda taken aback when I saw her waiting for me at Starbucks in Shangri-la...  Her pictures does not do justice to how lovely she is.  I probably will feature her on here sometime in the future.  For the meantime, you can check out (and like) her facebook fanpage and you can follow her on twitter so then you'll know that I'm telling the truth about her.



She's a really nice person and that's hotness and niceness put together...

     And since we are talking about niceness, we've come to the main reason for this post.  So today, on the 4th Day of December, year 2010, I humbly present this award...


     AMIGO is Spanish for friend... and consequently, it also means the same thing in my dialect (bicol). 

     A multitude of crowd presents us with an opportunity to meet people... and some of them will have the chance to become our friends.  It is indeed a blessing that from the thousand nameless faces we see everywhere, we will have a shot to have meaningful exchange of thoughts with someone or a selected few whom we shall call friends.

     We all have our standards when it comes to people we associate ourselves with.  I might've mentioned mine when I wrote about my two closest friends in my post 'A piece of my thoughts...'  And again, sometimes we set these standards aside because some people maybe are just worth the effort of breaking down these rules we've put up.  But since this is an award, let's inject some objectivity to it (though I think it's not really that objective, LOL).

     Just who deserves this award?

1.  Unselfish people.  In this dog-eat-dog world, some people can just be as narcissistic as the next one.  That's a fact.  But surprisingly, though most of us are narcissist in many ways, some can still genuinely reach out and care for others.

2.  People who can be competitive but does not compete.  Or even if they do, it's a healthy competition.  Let's face it, we all desire to be recognized for our thoughts or for the worthy things we did.  We clamor for an audience to hear our little insecurities and sympathize with our sadness...  On the other hand, we also want people to rejoice with us in our moments of triumphs.  Oh well, that's life!  But you know what the good news is?  That some people just still wanna share because for them, sharing something as insightful might benefit others and that they can be inspired too, by whatever it is that they've gone through or have experienced.  They care.  And that's really nice.

3.  People who are NICE...

4.  People who are consistent on being NICE.

     There you go!  In short, I am giving this award to people who I FEEL cares about other PEOPLE... and they made me feel that they care for me too.

     And so, apart from the blog, more importantly is the blogger who's behind the thoughts and the ideas that we all love to read and enjoy discussing.  I would like to present this award to all the nice people I've met for the past four months and 8 days that I've been blogging.  Here they are in no particular order:  (drum roll please!)

  1. Ario of MyBrainMalfunction
  2. Gaia of Hello World
  3. Jackie of http://www.tsubasa826.blogspot.com/
  4. JC of Future Twit
  5. Joey of Thailand-Bangkok
  6. Kamila of Basket of Dreams
  7. Leah of My Tasty Treasures
  8. Mia of Smile... Smile... Smile...
  9. Naya of Daily of NayaWockeeZ
  10. Wenyi of Wene♥ism
UPDATE (June 03, 2013) - some of these blogs have either transferred to a custom domain, abandoned or have been inactive for a while. Hope they still remember me though. LOL!

CONGRATULATIONS!

But more than that, I wanna say THANK YOU for all that you have done for me and for others.  Thank you for being who you are!

     Do give away this award to all that you seem is nice.  You can make your own rules, I really don't  mind.  Afterall, being NICE doesn't take much definition...  You are nice only if you are.  Have FUN!

*Photo of Yvette Yzon are used with permission.

30 comments:

Bino said...

Congrats to the awardees :D

Damiao said...

When I'm suspect to speak, you are my friend, but here you are fashionable and elegant and congratulation she is really beautiful.

Kamila said...

WEEEEEH! Thank you buddy! for being me this precious award I now grab and stick on my blog.. and I'm gonna visit those other blogs you included with me in this award!!

THANK YOU MYKE!! You've been a true and real friend since I met you! :)

Kamila said...

I mean GIVING me (on BEING ME this precious).. gush..excuse me..

PluripotentNurse said...

NICE Post Michael...!

Being simple is being nice:)

Keep on blogging. Congrats to the awardees.

cacai said...

NICE! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, I'm overwhelmed! I can not know exactly who to add. Time will tell me! In the period I have a blog I've met very nice people from all over the world. You are very friendly and a person I trust you! Trust and love for God is love to do everything. People make mistakes but we recognize is important to recognize even more affection for our fellow human beings. I am ready and working on myself to see what life is. Life is the love of all life on earth. We all have a lot to learn to recognize the truth. I would like this award to my page: My good Friends! and add that I particularly appreciate until now and I really valuable. I would like to add that I do so without condition. I hope my bad English can understand each.....:-)

I wish you all a wonderful and peaceful weekend

Blog: Thailand Bangkok - Site: My Good Friends (AWARD)

Unknown said...

aaaaaaawwwww, isn't this very sweeetttttt????

thank you so much for reminding me (and the others) that friendship ane great personality still go first beyond anything else :)

hugs

Fipse said...

Hi Myke,
Thank you for the beautiful idea of a Friends Awards! I am proud to belong to your friends and thank you for the award, which is seen in Joey!
Thank you my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello po, Michael.. Thank you very much. I'm actually very suplada, (sabi ng Kuya ko.. hehe!) pero since ikaw na rin nagsabi na NICE ako, eh di sige na nga, NICE na ako. Ehehehe... Naglalambing lang siguro ang mga Kuya ko. Ehehehe!!! Echos!

Salamat dito sa award nato, Myke.. I feel deeply touched. You're the only person (in the blog world) who reached out to me that time when I was feeling down (I'm not sure if you can remember).. and that was a really NICE thing to do. And then again, to do this... very NICe gesture.. awww... naiiyak nako. Char! Hehe..

Seryoso po, ser Myke. Marame pung salamat.. =)

WenYi said...

Thank you Myke!!!!!

I am really really touched that I'm given this award!!! *big hug for you myke!*

I guess appreciation is really hard to explain in words, but THANK YOU to you Myke. May you continue to touch people through your blog :)

Gaia Eos said...

Hey Micheal thank you for the friendship award am really touched :) so nice of you my dearest friend for such consideration...we may have never met in the real but we sure are 'ami de coeur' (friends of heart) :)

Michael said...

Hey guys!

Bino (1) - thanks for the perpetual visit bro, everytime i have an update i see you here. Thanks for being nice!

Self-Taught (2) - Hey Carlos, thank you being a friend too... I appreciate your visits!

Kamila (3) & (4) - You deserve the award Kamila... Yours is a personality that i truly admire and like... Remember when you told me about your 'principle' when you follow blogs?

PluripotentNurse (5) - Thank you for the kind words my friend.... :-)

cacai (6) - Thanks cacai!

Joey (7) - Hello my German friend! Blogging has really made this world a lot smaller... Learning different cultures and meeting people with cultural differences has become a lot easier. That is definitely a good thing. Thank you for coming across my blog. You are such a nice friend.

Ario Achda (8) - Awwww, I really like what you said bro! "thank you so much for reminding me (and the others) that friendship and great personality still go first beyond anything else" > Feels like I've won an award myself!

Fipse (9) - Wow! A new friend! Thanks for dropping by Fipse!

Leah (10) - All the time my friend. I really think and feel that all of you guys deserve the award. And just like someone wrote on the comments, I also recognize our shared differences, so in turn, whether you are 'suplada'... i still think that you are nice. ":-)

WenYi (11) - I never thought you'd respond so fast! I know that you are busy with stuff, but thank you for making the time to be here and leave a comment. You are one of the few nicest friends I ever had the pleasure of meeting through blog hopping.

Gaia Eos (12) - I like the term 'ami de coeur'... truly we are friends of heart... Across distance and space, there will always be a friendship between us.

Axl Powerhouse Network said...

yun oh.,. congrats sa kanila :D

Sam D. said...

congrats to all whose got this award including myself from my good friend Joey of Thailand. He's been so nice to me since the 1st day that we met here in blogosphere just like you Myke :-). You take care always too. God bless and keep in touch

PluripotentNurse said...

Your welcome michael keep in touch!:)

NayaWockeeZ said...

WOWOWOOOO!!!!
*speechless*

マイック君、どうもありがとうございます!!!!
(Thank you so much Myke!!!)

I don't know what to say about this award Myke.. this make me so shy (//A///|||)

FIRST!!
THANK YOU FOR GAVE ME THIS AWARD, NICE LIKE OTHERS.. I really appreciate it Myke..

SECOND!!
THANK YOU FOR PROMOTED MY BLOG.. I really appreciate it too...

THIRD!!
CONGRATULATIONS ARIO (JIICHAN) (>w<)/~, GAIA, JACKIE, JC, JOEY, KAMILA, LEAH, MIA, WENYI!!!

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR MESSAGES ON MY CHAT BOX!! I really appreciate it and LET'S BE FRIENDS!!! (>w<)/~

-MAKE KINDNESS AND NICE BECOMES A HABBIT-


PS : Myke, My apologize cause I've just online now :( My connection so worse here.. :(( and always loves you my Brother!!! keep in touch (>w<)/~ yii.. ~~

ENGLISH TIPS said...

Look, a friend of mine, told me he had difficult to access my blog, that's why I comment with you. secondly I know you already added me a long time ago, I mean, I added you also on my favorite blogroll's friend. That's it. Thirdly desire for you and your readers a wonderful day. Invite you for those like to practice English have a look at on my blog. See you my dear friends.

Anonymous said...

nice page.. d ako makapagcomment sa cbox mo. kaya dito nalang. napadaan lang

Sean Grey Hanson said...

Yeah Niceness. Great post.I enjoyed reading it.

J said...

myke!!!!! thx so much......

Anonymous said...

@myke
Vielen Dank für Deine lieben Worte!

Ich möchte auch alle Anderen Amigos meinen Glückwunsch aussprechen! Ich schreibe in Deutsch, dass sieht dann doch echt cool aus! Trompete .. :-)

@ Sam, thank you for your kinds words, God bless your life!

Meine Amigos - My Good Friends:
http://joey-thailand.blogspot.com/p/partner.html

Welcome to Thailand

dwell said...

congrat n its another nice post u have....smileSSS for u here

erickson said...

i like the way you write. congratulations

Michael said...

How are you guys?

@Axl Powerhouse Production Inc. (14) - Thanks for the visit bro!

@Sam (15) - Congrats Sam! Indeed, Joey is one of the nicest, and thank you for being nice to me as well.

@PluripotentNurse (16) - Thanks bro!

@NayaWockeeZ (17) - Congrats Naya, you (along with the others) totally deserve the award. I hope everything is well with you in school. Take care!

@ENGLISH TIPS (18) - Hey Carlos, thanks for adding my link on your blog again!

@Arvin Erick (19) - Thanks Arvin! Hope to see you here again! :-)

@Sean Grey Hanson (20) - Thanks bro! That meant a lot!

@jackieKOH (21) - Hey jackie! You're late bro!

@Joey (22) - Vielen Dank Joey. Es ist ein Segen, Freunde zu haben.

@dwell (23) - Wow, thanks! Make me rich!

@erickson (24) - Thanks bro! I visited your blog too... I hope to see you here again!

Thank you for the comments! God bless you all!

Anonymous said...

Welcom, ganda naman ng gf mo. Ayan bumisita ulit ako ahh

Anonymous said...

Ich bin überwältigt, wie schnell Du in der kurzen Zeit die Deusche Sprache gelernt hast lieber Myke! Trommelwirbel :-)) Pass auf Dich auf lieber Freund!

ego said...

Whoaaa... It's a very kind of u giving those awards, Mike. Good to see ur blog anyhow. Merry X-mas :)

Damiao said...

Dear Mike, I'm passing by in order to desire a wonderful night, a beautiful 2011 desire also, for you family, peace, love and success, of course I desire all the best for your readers come, mostly are my readers too, come from different parts of the world, God bless you, Enchalah (Muslins friends) we're meeting the next year, Carlos from English tips.

Kodsy said...

wow.how thoughtful.

http://djsumaylo.wordpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...