Home Away From Home

Hey everybody!  Did anyone MISS ME while I was gone for the holidays?

     Actually, I wasn't really away.  I just took some time off from blogging to sort out some stuff in my life.  It's kinda none of your business and I ain't telling even if you ask me. *evil laugh*

     Anyway, I'M BACK.  But before I feature another friend, I'd like to post some photos of me, my bro and my sis taken during the holiday season.  Sadly, we spent our Christmas and New Year away from our parents... but there's NO stopping us from celebrating and feeling merry on this happiest time of the year.

Here are some of our Christmas pictures...




     I kinda lost weight, didn't I?  Hannah and I realized that the best way to lose weight is to have braces installed on our teeth.  Just saying! ☺

Some of our New Year photos...

Take 1:  Serious pic :-|


Take 2:  Happy pic!  :-D


Take 3:   Wacky pic!  :-x

 

Just a few realizations...

     Home is where we feel both loved and secured.  There are circumstances however when we need to leave the comforts of our home and live far from our families -- such as work or school.

     When we're away from home, we become more independent and more responsible.  We  sort of assume the responsibility to look out for ourselves or the people we care about who are with us.  In our case, being away from our parents who've always been there since we were kids taught us how to look out for each other.  It's not the same security or love or care, but it's a bit of home and it really is a wonderful thing.  It's not easy, but it's not that hard either.  For when your heart is in the right place, and you know that you have people who cares for you and looks out for you -- home away from home is a lot bearable and somehow fun too. 

     By the way, I kinda like my new haircut for the new year.  And about my style -- I still keep it plain and simple.  After-all, style should also mean comfort.


Have a great new year everybody!
Cheers to all the great things to come this 2011. 

Show me your look this 2011! 

23 comments:

Nimmy said...

ang sweet niyong magkakapatid!!! :D

MiDniGHt DriVer said...

WB pare!

Axl Powerhouse Network said...

wahaha ang sweet naman nila.. ang ganda ng kapatid mo crush ko na siya hehhe >D
Welcome back :D

English tips said...

Enjoy your vacation friend, I'm just missing you, desire all the best for you and your family.

Kapitan Potpot said...

Michael, nice to see you back.

Ang sweet nyong magkakapatid. You guys keep it up! :)

Unknown said...

finally a new post!

yea u kinda lost your cheek. haha. i also lost several weight after having braces on my teeth! lol

well, it might be too late to wish u a merry christmas and a happy nu year, but they're still warm wishes :)

Anonymous said...

Hmm... braces, huh...

Welcome back, Michael! I won't say it.. Nope. I won't say that I've missed you! Nevah!

Glad you're back. =)


My Tasty Treasures
Everyday Letters

neriz said...

nice one. home indeed is where you find your heart at rest. :))

Mayet said...

namiss ko tuloy mga utol ko:(

anyway, glad you're back!

Pearl said...

WElcome back myke! happy new year...cute pics you got here:-)

Kamila said...

You've been gone nga Mike for such a long time I can't count na.. hahaha how are you... x)

Hmmm.. well.. ang hirap talaga malayo sa mga magulang..lalo na pag medjo bata pa. Pero totoo yun na nagiging independent ka at madame natututunan kapag mag-isa ka... wag lang ma-mimis-guided or something.

I'm happy your with your siblings.. well if that's the closest thing from home.. well... masaya na din yan... x)

Sana nag-enjoy ka this Holiday Mike! x)

Michael said...

Thank you so much everyone for the comments and for the warm welcome.

Happy New Year!

ardee sean said...

cool nyo naman.. happiness all year round :)

Gaia Eos said...

hmmm we saw the love between you and your siblings in those photos...home is the best place on Earth...not only its a shelter but it's the place where we feel we are most welcomed and be ourselves... wish you and your family a lovely New Year Micheal be always happy and merry take care ^_^

ANGELO said...

Uhm, Star circle batch 18!!! haha Where's Mr. M?
Nice pic! ^_^

aibaks said...

it seems like 19 day pass by for the new year and later on the will be a great celebration for Chinese New Year next month. hope that it is not too late for me to wish you happy belated new year 2011 and happy coming Chinese New Year!

Lady_Myx said...

weweeeet! :D this is what your talking about?? this blog miss you, so do i. chos! hahah :D

wb kuya myke :D

Michael said...

Hey guys!

@ardee sean (13) - Thank you bro. Here's to more great things to come this 2011

@Gaia Eos (14) - I couldn't agree more. ☺ Thank you, I wish your family the best this 2011...

@Gelovsky ^_^ (15) - LOL! Waahhh! Thank you buddy!

@aibaks (16) - Happy new year too my friend!

@♥ LaDy_mYx ♥ (17) - Hehe, missed you too! Hugs!

Thanks everybody for the nice comments!

Damiao said...

Glad to see you back and safe of course, I wish all the best for you, friend.

Sam D. said...

hey Mike! it's been a long time but I'm so glad to be here to be here. So sweet photo's with your siblings. Wish you all the best my friend!

Qyanu Soultan said...

"Blogwalking back, sorry to late..!!"

Soccer Mom said...

Happy 2011 to you too. Good to spend quality time with your siblings during festive season, though it will be even sweeter if your parents are in the pics too.

- Football WAGs

jayrweblog said...

Hey Bro! Gotta funny pics ha, i love it. Anyway its nice to be back again..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...