My poem got published in a textbook!

     Hey guys!  I'm BACK!

     Did anyone miss me? 


     To those wondering where I've been --  I went home to my province last March to celebrate my dad's birthday.  Mom said I should stay 'till Holy Week is over.  Then Mother's Day was approaching so I gotta be there too and  after that -- Father's Day.  And then, cousins having their vacation in the Philippines was also visiting.  March became April, April became May, May became June...  I was having so much fun until -- it's already July!

     I never had the chance to update my blog cause I thought I'll just be in Bicol (that's my province!) for a little over a week.  I did not bother to bring a laptop or even a camera though I had my phone with me so I was still able to twit or update my facebook

     Btw, this isn't supposed to be my 'I'm back!' blog post but I wanna share this cool stuff with all of my readers first.  Here goes...

In a nutshell: 

A POEM I WROTE...
WAS FEATURED IN A TEXTBOOK.

Hurrayyyy!!!


 Some details:

     I wrote a poem sometime last year and my best friend Butch Lotivio turned it into a song along with my two other poems.  We entered all three to the KBP Song Writing Festival though unfortunately -- we didn't make it.  

     And then my best friend was writing a series of English textbooks and she decided to feature my poem in one of the books.  Isn't that awesome?  Hell YEAH!

     I'm just ecstatic that my feelings and thoughts are immortalized on the pages of a textbook that's being read/used by high-school students around the country.  I'm really proud!  Thanks Madam for the opportunity and the inspiration.  Now this will make me want to write more heartfelt poems.

     And so -- (drum roll please!) -- here's the poem.  Enjoy!


MY LIFE’S STORY

Lyrics:        Michael Lotino Montalban
Music:        Abraham Conda Lotivio


Verse 1
As I turn the pages of my life’s story
I see a blur of the man I used to be
I’m broken, and have fallen
Life is a dark road ahead I see

Refrain:
How do you heal a heart that’s wounded?
How do you ease the pain?
How do you mend a wounded pride
And come out whole in the end?

Chorus:
Behold the book of my life’s story
Of who I am, and what I’ve become
I’m not exactly the picture of a man
Of a man that you want…

Verse 2
My heart’s been broken
Still I know it can love
I’ve stumbled and have fallen
But I will rise against all odds

Bridge:
Staring at the new blank page
Of the story of my life…
No, it’s not too late to start anew
This time I’ll be better
I have learned and have grown
I’m back in the race
and I’m back because of you

Chorus 2:
Behold the book of my life’s story
Of who I am, and what I’ll become
I will be your friend, your brother, your man
I will hold your hand till the end of time…


Pandora's box:

     Me and my best friend Butch are newbies in song writing.  Our strength lies in the fact that I can find my way around words and Butch can compose melodies when truly inspired.  Our weakness?  We don't have a talent who'll sing for us or the equipment to record them.  But in God's grace, we'll get there.  And hopefully, you... my friend, will walk with us on this journey

     Thank you guys for reading!  Up next, some of the new look I've been sporting since after summer.  And some more of my friends too!

     Please come back and visit Show Me Your Look Today again!  Thanksss!

45 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back!!! tagal mo nawala nga hehehehehe

Unknown said...

hahahaha, ur finally back??? i tought u even forget that u have blog! congratulations for the poem in the text book. maybe u shud write more! btw, pls post more tyle to the blog, michael!!!

hv a lovely week! :)

Call Me Xander said...

Welcome blog...lagi akong bumibisita dito to check kung may bago ba.. buti naman at bumalik ka na..

ardee sean said...

at may update na.. ;) nice poem.. galing.. more to come.. and ginising mo ang katawang lupa ko.. heheh :P

JC said...

It's great to see you posting again! I've been wondering what happened to you.

I took off the chat box because the new comment feature on my blog is so cool -- way better than the old chat box.

I'll keep dropping in from time to time to see how you're doing. Peace :)

thought_folly said...

Congrats!!!! The world affords a very wide space for talented people like you and Butch Conda Lotivio. Write some more and some more that reveals your heart! :) Congrats again!

Kutitob... said...

nax! higher level... can i sing it SM? :)

The Great Mbah Dukun said...

Happy Birthday for your father

bbtoo said...

I've added you link. pls do the same for me thanks

English tips said...

I missed you so much, friend, my dear friend, welcome. Tell me, do you use StumbleUpon if so, let me know and I'll share your blog there. Also there is a blog directory very important to keep in touch through million bloggers http://www.bloggers.com sign up for free. Have a wonderful day.

J said...

missing u a lot!!! hahaa..

congratzz..

BALI RATIH said...

visit u every day

Yen said...

Welcome back :-) waiting to read more updates of you here.

Michael said...

Bino (1) - thanks bro!

Ario (2) - I will bro, thanks so much for reading! I am enjoying your blog so much! You're doing so well.

Xander (3) - thanks bro! Nag visit nako sa blog mo. :D

Ardee (4) - pasalubong ko pag-uwi mo galing sa ____! Hahaha! Ingat jan lagi...

JC (5) - thanks man, I just had a longgg vacation in the province.

Madam (6) - I am so honored to be in the company of people as talented as you are and Butch. You know what they say, birds of the same feather -- are the same birds! Haha!

SM (7) - Sure SM, you can sing it. LOL!

The Great Mbah Dukun (8) - thank you my friend :D

bbtoo (9) - thanks!

English tips (10) - thanks my friend! I went to your site already.

Jackie (11) - Thanks bro! Miss ya too, haha!

BALI RATIH (12) - thank you my friend!

Yen (13) - thank you! I visited all your four blogs...

Thank you guys for the comments!

pusangkalye said...

ang swerte naman na ang haba haba ng bakasyun mo. looks like you had fun that's why you came up with the poem na nalimbag pa sa libro.cool.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! and congratulations on your published poem. The lines on the 1st verse best describe how I felt when I got here in Manila...

Verse 1
As I turn the pages of my life’s story
I see a blur of the man I used to be
I’m broken, and have fallen
Life is a dark road ahead I see

Although I know that I will continue bumping along this dark road, I would like to thank you my fine friend, Myke, for being one of those earlier beacons I had that helped me to trek bravely on this route. Vaya con Dios! -elle.r

John Bueno said...

You should definitely join lookbook... As someone who has one and you will get an invite... =) salamat din sa pagdaan ha

Vhincci Subia said...

Wow achievement! Sarap siguro ng feeling! Maybe you can turn your blog (which you claim, it is about looks) into a literary one... :) Thanks anyway for dropping by... :)

World of Vhincci

Gelovsky said...

Welcome back Michael Lotino Montalban ^_^

It's beeeeen a while! (haha nagalit?) I could really sense on the pic that you really had a great time on your vacation; you look fresh and supeeer happy.

Anyway, I like the bridge, especially the line which says; it's not too late to start anew. It's very inspiring indeed!

Hope that you'd keep on posting inspiring posts. Have a great weekend!

Michael said...

pusang kalye (15) - Thanks bro!

elle r (16) - Haha, thanks elle! you know you can always count on me. See you soon again for another round of 'eat all you can' and maybe let's have ice cream?

KUMAGCOW (17) - Lookbook is already open to everybody bro. Lemme think about that. Haha!

Vhincci Subia (18) - You're welcome vince! My blog is actually becoming 'everything under the sun.' Haha

Gelovsky (19) - Hahaha, thanks bro!!! Your kind words mean a lot. Thanks again!

Thank you guys! ☺

Anonymous said...

Horraaaayyy!! You're back Myke!! Naks.. talagang napublish yung poem. Ikaw na!! :) Pwede pa otograp? hihi..

Take care, Myke. :)

~Beb~ said...

Wow good job!!!

I never knew you were a poem writer..

Michael said...

Leah (21) - Thanks Leah! Otograp ka jan, kurutin kita e. Haha!

Fabulous Me (22) - Thank you! Mmm, i rarely poems tho...

hanhhien said...

I love your poem and the song.
Congratulations!

Michael said...

hanhhien (24) - Thank you!

Clark Kenty said...

"Behold the book of my life’s story
Of who I am, and what I’ve become
I’m not exactly the picture of a man
Of a man that you want…"
Hi, my friend ... These phrases are strong and match many stories ... of many people!
You are a great writer! It has power in words!
My friend, one more year finishing ... 2012 has arrived ... new doors will open!
A toast to new hopes and new dreams!
A big hug to all of you and your family!

arie5758 said...

I miss you myke hahahahhaa.... happy holiday my friend :)

My Good Life Blog said...

yay!!! I am so proud of you, way to go Myke!

Michael said...

clark lost (26) - Thank you Clark!
arie5758 (27) - Haha, I miss you too arie! ☺
My Good Life Blog (28) - Thank you Ms. Embam!

Gaia Eos said...

congrats Micheal hope you are having a great holiday take care

Nervenruh said...

...astonished...feeling roots...maybe yet too far away...have a good time!

Michael said...

Gaia Eos (30) - Thank you Gaia.
Nervenruh (31) - Thank you!

Happy new 2012!

indodotnet said...

Nice Blog..

Are you from Thailand.

Michael said...

@indodotnet - Hey, thanks! Btw, I am from the Philippines. ☺

Admin said...

Love it! :D

Dя Toxifier said...

Great buddy! :)
Reminds me of my poem that was published in the national newspaper here in India when I was 12 years old! :D I wrote about pollution, and my poem got place in the editorial section! :D

Neno said...

nice poem. like it ;)

KM said...

Wow, Myke, that's a well-written poem ♥ Bicol pala ang province mo? Where in Bicol? ;) Any new poems you wrote recently? Share naman jan! And yes, pa-autograph na din ;)

Admin said...

welcome back myke :)

rona said...

aba! ang galing galing! Nakakaproud nga yan Myke! Biruin mo, nationwide yan nababasa sa mga textbooks! Ikaw na! Ikaw na! Huwag mo kong kakalimutan pag sumikat ka na poem/song writer in the future. Papakape ka ha?

Nga pala, naidikit ko na ang mga links mo sa lahat ng site mo. Kaya idikit mo na din ng matindi ang mga links ko. Mas swerte ka, 5 ididikit mo, the more, the many-er! hahaha!

Hanggang sa muling ulayawan!

rona said...

Nga pala, anong textbook yan? Hahanapin ko yan talaga dali!!! May sister pa kong nag-aaral, baka nasa textbook din nila.

Michael said...

@The Soul Explorer - Thanks ninong!

@Dя Toxifier - Wow, that's great buddy! Your parents must have been so proud. Let us read your poem! ☺

@Neno - Thanks bro!

@KM - Yes Ms. KM, I'm from Bicol po. Autograph? Pffttt! Hahaha!

@rona - Thanks Ma'am Rona! And thanks for the link exchange. Will put up your links here too. Btw, the book is called "Skyways to Effective Communication in English."

Thank you guys for the visit. ☺

Mahamahu said...

Handsome Philippine blogger...

Michael said...

@Mah@Mahu - Wow, thanks! Haha!

Unknown said...

so many people miss this guy....cool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...