Myke's (Recent) Mis-Adventures Part 1

     Hey fellas!  It’s been more than a month since I got back here in Manila and just what have I been doing lately?  Mmm, not much really.  Let's just say I'm just having so much fun!  *insert mysterious smile here* Haha!


     This time, Show Me Your Look Today will just BORE you with my whereabouts.  So if you've got nothing better to do today, read on! ☺

     It was a Monday when I went to my dentist to have the wires and ligating modules (the colorful rubbers) on my braces replaced.

On my way to the dentist...  Do you think this 'nerd look' suits me? :D

     By the way, my eyeglasses are just for effect.  I like wearing them to add texture to how I look.  TEXTURE? What the eff does that mean? Haha!  Anyway, they’re from my sister.  She gave them to me when she bought another pair (which she lost eventually so now she has to use mine. Pffftttt!)

Me and Hannah, taken last New Year's eve when our braces were just 2 weeks old.
I missed four months of treatment  cause I was in the province from March to July.

     My (and my sister Hannah’s) dentist is Dr. Enrico Steve E. Capulong.  I visit them once or twice a month, depends really if there's extra work to be done like extensive cleaning or filling.  Dr. Capulong and his team are awesome in what they’re doing.  I’ve seen really huge improvement on my teeth after just 5 months of being with them.  Their clinic that I frequent to is in Medical Plaza in Ortigas.  They have
state-of-the-art facilities,
 nice and friendly staff, and --
they offer affordable packages
for your dental treatment.  In comparison to my previous and my friends' dentists (their names withheld, nyahaha), Doc Capulong's clinic is absolutely competitive and truly budget-and-people-friendly.  They also give away freebies (hurrayyy!) the moment you have your braces on.  Don’t keep your hopes up on the freebies tho -- it’s not like they’re giving away houses or brand new cars -- the loot bag contains stuff you need to maintain excellent oral health.

Some of Doc Capulong's cool staff from their Pasig branch...

     One thing I like about them is the added personal touch to their services.  The friendly secretary reminds you of your dental appointment thru text so you can confirm if you'll come or you can set it at a later date at your most convenient time. And if your personal dentist isn’t there on the day of your visit (that rarely happens to me though), they have other equally friendly and competent dentist to accommodate you.  They give you heads up on the procedures you have to go through and for me, that's excellent.  In the BPO industry, we sometimes call that 'educating your customers.'  It helps when people understand stuff, gets them ready and makes them feel more involved.  After-all, oral health is definitely very 'personal.'

     If you plan on having braces or for your other dental needs, go check them out:

Dr. Enrico Steve E. Capulong
Unit 1105 Medical Plaza Ortigas
San Miguel Ave., Pasig City

At these times:
Mon: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Tue/Fri: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wed/Sat: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM

You can reach them at these numbers:
Tel. : 3456842
Cel. : 0935 954 6169
Look for the clinic’s secretary, Hazel
They also have a clinic in Alabang. 

Room 411 Energy Opt. Bldg.
Prime St. Madrigal Business Park
Alabang, Muntinlupa City

Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri/Sat : 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Cel. : 0935 9546169 
Look for ms. rei or ms. jucel

     You need to set an appointment if you want to visit their clinic at St. Luke's Medical Center.  Telephone number is 727 8619.  Right now they are putting up the Manila branch and Doc Capulong is thinking of putting up a clinic in The Fort and in Cebu.

     You may visit and LIKE their facebook page: Dental ESCape

     Just mention my name (Michael Montalban) so I can earn points for referrals.  If a client earns around 5 referrals, they’ll have their 'retainers' free of charge at the end of their treatment.  Isn’t that cool?  That's saving tons of hard-earned money!  Visit them now for consultation and for your other dental needs.

     In other news, (LOL!) that same week was Jeb's birthday.  My brother and I went to watch Harry Potter’s last at IMAX Theater in MOA.  I’ve seen the movie twice.  Seen it first on 3D with my mom before my trip back to Manila.  (My mother, like myself and Jeb, is also a Harry Potter fan.  She has read each of the seven books at least twice).

At SM MOA while waiting for the 4PM screening of Harry Potter 7.2

 At the IMAX Theatre lobby...

It was a worthy ending to such a fascinating tale which most of us witnessed since
his first year at Hogwarts. For someone (like me) who's read each of the seven
books many many times -- the movie counterparts are still 'nada' compared to
the well written books.
     That Saturday, I had pizza with TL Nielsen -- one of my really close friends and another certified Harry Potter fan.  TL Nielsen leads a team at Sykes and is one of the few hardworking people I know in the BPO industry.  As a matter of fact, he always make sure that his team is always on top.  He brought me stuff from his recent vacation in Boracay and I gave him some Pastillas from Bicol (which my mom made).  Later that day we waited for some more of our friends at Starbucks Shangri-la in Ortigas and then we went bowling.

New York's Finest is one of my favorite pizzas in Yellow Cab.
Their Charlie Chan pasta is on my list too!

     The next day (Sunday), I got all excited because my best-friend (whose name will remain anonymous) gave me a copy of the book where she featured one of the poems I wrote.  (I wrote about it on this POST if you haven't read it yet).  She is one of my best friends and she's also my very supportive mentor.  She has several series of books running right now and is still cooking up ideas for more books.  She gave up her job as an editor-in-chief of a publication in Manila to give way to her passion of being an educator.  Aside from her teaching job at a Benedictine school (which is my high school alma mater FYI), she's also currently continuing her post graduates studies.

Isn't this awesome?  My poem is immortalized in the pages of a book! Wow!

     By the way, I went back to my dentist a week after for some cleaning and treatment.  While at the chair and with my mouth wide open, Doc Mac (my dentist) asked where I’m headed after.  Seriously, do they expect to get an answer from you when you have your mouth open like that?  Sometimes I result to hand gestures, like a few months back my dentist’s replacement (Doc Mac was on vacation that time) asked why I’m thinner since the last they saw me.  I rubbed my tummy and she said: "Ahh, you’re on diet."  Turned out she was good at charades.  (0_o)  Going back, I said (after he took out his hands off my mouth) that I’m gonna buy some stuff at the grocery.  He replied that I’m kinda overdressed for grocery.  Here’s what I was wearing that day.

I seriously believe that I shall never wear this combination again.
 I think I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day.  LMAO!

     I wanna say thank you to Dr. Capulong and his truly able team for taking care of me and my sister.  I honestly have bad childhood memories of dentists and dentist chairs but you guys changed all that.  I've been smiling more often lately.  *smiling slowly right now*

     And folks, though we might get busy because of work and other stuff (family, school, etc), we should always find time to breakaway and enjoy life.  Hang out with friends, meet new people, and spend quality time with family.  You know what they say about people who are all work and no play ...  Booo, haha!

     And don't forget to wear whatever is comfortable for you.  Fashion, aside from style, should also mean comfort.  You don't really need to stand out if you don't want to but you should always be the best version of yourself every time.  What you wear plus a top-notch attitude -- and you're good to go!

     Whoopsy, I think I've written long enough for this post.  This is just Part 1, be prepared to be bored even more on Part 2!  Hopefully I can finish everything on the second part.  ☻

     Until my next post!  Stay awesome folks!

*Photo of Dental ESCape Pasig staff used with permission from John Roger Tabuco.

15 comments:

Traveliztera said...

First of all, I love your style! :)
Secondly, wow kung andyan pa ako, sana ako nakasama sa referrals mo ;)

J said...

hey myke! nice post.. haha.. i wish u can refer me some of dentist here in Msia.. JK JK..

btw, im a harry potter fan too..but i didnt read the book..only watch th movies..haha

MTV VMAs Winners [Complete List]

Nimmy said...

I love the look you have on your last pic! fashion!

Unknown said...

daming nangyari ah! may bonding time pa. ayos!

Nielsen said...

weh! you look great on whatever you put on! remember the "pambahay" look? that was cool! and i quote, "you should always be the best version of yourself every time. so true, bes. hehehe...

Michael said...

Heyyy!

Traveliztera (1) - Thanks! Btw I enjoyed your 'Pangarap Lang Kita' by Parokya cover. You are very talented Steph.

Jackie (2) - Hey buddy! Thanks for dropping by. You definitely should read the books. :D

Nimmy (3) - Wow, thanks! I was getting stares that day. I think the color was a bit shocking for them. LOL!

Bino (4) - Thanks for the visit ☺

Nielsen (5) - Whatever you say bes TL. I believe you. Hahaha!

mitchi noble said...

waking up on the wrong side of the bed = Fasyon!

My Good Life Blog said...

hmmm.... are you still in college presently??? I am wondering what are you taking up. You can write good and you have the talent to write poems as well. Nice braces too, LOL! I had mine when I was still there but it relapsed because I accidentally throw my retainers, huhuhu!!! it is very expensive to replace it here. Maybe I will get one next year when we go back there for a vacation.

BlogS of Hariyanto said...

great smile my friend :) was here for happy weekend

mikexplorer said...

hello pre.. pls email me if you want to know the extra income.. lumibaomichael@gmail.com. thank you.

Unknown said...

Great Info! Nice on!

al said...

Very. Nice site keep. Up the good work come visit mine vindictive-soul.net

Michael said...

Thank you guys! You're all so sweet for leaving comments. Group hug! Haha

Muhammad Iqbal K said...

Nice blog man... keep it

good luck :D

Michael said...

Thanks Muhammad Iqbal Khaeruman!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...