American Idol Season 11 Top 2

     Oh yes, it's down to these two amazing voices.  America have reached a decision and they have voted for Phillip Phillips and Jessica Sanchez.  Phillip and Jessica are officially the TOP 2 American Idols for Season 11.  And next week, the whole world shall find out who will be the 11th American Idol.  I'm actually pretty cool with whoever wins this thing.

Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips for the Finale Night of American Idol Season 11.
     I have not closely followed the show since it premiered on June 11, 2002 but I do remember having favorites like Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry, Elliott Yamin, Fantasia Barrino, and David Cook.  Season 11, however, is of particular interest so I made extra effort to get updates on Twitter and if I fail to catch the performance night on TV, I watch re-runs or I visit American Idol's official YouTube channel.

My personal top three for Season 11: Colton Dixon, Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips.
     At the start of the Top 13, my three favorites were Colton Dixon, Phillip Phillips, and Jessica Sanchez.  The first two I picked for their personality and for their talent.  I see them as cool guys, the sort of lads you wanna hang out with.  Plus, they make really good music -- the sort that I listen to.  On Jessica, I was a bit biased.  I picked her because she's half Filipino and I certainly would love to see someone who shares my ethnic blood make it through to Hollywood.  But that's just me being naive.  I realized afterwards that her talent has got NOTHING TO DO with race and as I continue to listen to her, I got aware how she has proven herself so much.  She's definitely a topnotch artist, and she's just impressive in every performance.  Now, she's on my top three list because of her talent, above all else.  Too bad for Colton though, he got booted out early in the competition.  But I'm quite certain we'll hear more from this guy in the days to come.

     Whoever wins on the finale next week, whether it be Jessica or Phillip, will be part of the elite group of American Idol winners.  Previous winners include:

Kelly Clarkson, the first American Idol (2002)
Ruben Studdard, American Idol winner Season 2 (2003)
Fantasia Barrino, American Idol winner Season 3  (2004)
Carrie Underwood, American Idol winner Season 4 (2005)
Taylor Hicks, American Idol winner Season 5 (2006)
Jordin Sparks, American Idol winner Season 6 (2007)
David Cook, American Idol winner Season 7 (2008)

Kris Allen, American Idol winner Season 8 (2009)
Lee DeWyze, American Idol winner Season 9 (2010)

Scotty McCreery, American Idol winner Season 10 (2011)
     I shall leave you guys with videos of my favorite performances from Phillip and Jessica.  This is Phillip's "We've Got Tonight" during their Top 3 Performance Night last May 17.


     This is Jessica's controversial "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" during their Top 4 Performance Night last May 10.


     Before I conclude this post, I would like to share an opinion.  When I watch videos on American Idol's YouTube Channel, I can't help but notice the comments coming from the idols' respective fans.  I think it's really UNCOOL to compare who is better than who.  No-one is better than anybody else because we are all unique.  If you don't like what you hear, then don't listen.  If you don't like what you see, then don't watch.  If you see it's someone's turn coming up and you don't like his/her kind of music, then turn off the TV or switch the channel.  Just don't put them down with harsh words specially if it's not gonna help them in any way to improve their craft.  What are you to gain by putting down other people?  I really don't understand how this FAN thingy works.  I am a fan too, but I just don't see myself reacting that way.  ☺

     Well anyway, as I've said on the opening paragraph, whatever result comes out on next week's finale, I'm cool with it.  I'm slightly kinda hoping it's gonna be Jessica though, LOL!  How about you, who is your American Idol?  Talk to me on the comments' section below.

     Thank you so much for your visit and see you all on my next post!

UPDATE,  May 24, 2012:  After a record-breaking 132 million votes, Phillip Phillips was crowned as American Idol for season 11 and Jessica Sanchez as the runner up.  Read more from HERE.

*Photos of Jessica, Phillip and Colton were taken from American Idol official website.
*Videos were taken from Youtube.
*Photos of previous American Idol winners were taken from Google Image search.
*Information about past winners were taken from Wikipedia
tags: complete list of american idol winners since Season 1 in 2002

11 comments:

Balut said...

I love your "before I end this post opinion" - well said Myke well said...

SEO Tricky said...

I also like David Cook coz when he sing a song it make me so breathless...

Unknown said...

Siya na sana! Yay! :)

Tama ka dyan nong...we are all unique! :)

Eka Ikhsanudin said...

i like Jordin Spark... :)

Unknown said...

i like is jessica....

Anonymous said...

Hello bro, how are you? you wanna be an american idol bro? :D

Unknown said...

Vote Phillip Phillips!!

Hariyanto Wijoyo said...

hi how are you,
I came again for support your blog,and i like idol program :)

kimmyschemy said...

i agree with your last statements. what is nice and great with one person may not be as such with others. though we may have different tastes and different opinions about things, it is impolite to put down someone just because we favor the other..

a visit from kim!

ardee sean said...

i'm for jes just simply because of her prowess, voice quality and she just all killed the greatest songs by our greatest singers.

Annie said...

i like ur blog. .very nice,still follow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...