Naya's Story

     Hello everyone!  Today i will feature my friend NAYA -- one of the few nice people I've met on twitter.  Naya is from Indonesia.

Real name:     NADYA KIRANA PARAMITA
Nick name:      NAYA

     From our conversations on twitter, we've gotten to know each other a little better.  As a kid, she loved Japanese cartoons like Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon.  It inspired her to learn more about Japan, its culture and fashion.  She even chose to study the Japanese language in her literature class and says she enjoys it immensely.  Naya hopes to graduate soon.  (Goodluck Naya!)

     She said on her email:  "I think Japanese language is not that difficult and not that easy too, but if you seriously wanna learn it, they are always there to help you.  I wanna learn about their culture, and I like their music and fashion."


     Her friends call her Tayou (her Japanese name) because when she was little, she wrote Kotayou Miyami instead of Kotarou Minami (from Kamen Rider Black).  The name got stucked through the years...

     She loves the Harajuku Style and the colorful costumes.  "Harajuku Style means young people used their own costume and hang out at the Harajuku place" she said.

     Right now, she's more into a style they call VISUAL KEI"It doesn't have the gothic look", and she said "I can't describe how cool it is."  She adores Visual Kei music as well.

This is an example of the Visual Kei Style...

     Naya was in a band from 2005 till last year.  Her first group played pop and rock n roll music.  "But I don't really like it (honestly my voice so bad when I'm singing pop or slow songs" she added.  But when she discovered Visual Kei music, Naya realized that it suited her voice better.  "My voice can follow the music, like scream, growl, etc."  So then she started the band Puchaa GO Hell in 2006.   And then a year later, she joined ROTTEN TERROR and they were the champion in the Battle of Harajuku in Indonesia.



     These are the pictures of Naya and her band...



     Naya said that after awhile, her voice became more suited for metal music.  She also needed to leave the band because she opted to concentrate more on her studies...


     Naya with Sound of Inspiration Band, 2009.   "The first time same band with my lil sister.  And my last band too."

     COSPLAY (Costume Play) is Naya's special hobby which  she started five years ago.  This is where you dress up as characters from anime (cartoons), manga (comics) and J-artist. 


     Naya as Princess Venus from Sailor Moon...


     She participated in COSPLAY contests and also became a model for a band video clip.  Awesome, right? 



     Naya at the Jakarta Japan Matsuri (Jakarta and Japan Festival) with her mom and her little sister.  "My mom used Sakura Kinomoto school uniforms" and she's from "anime Card Sakura."


     Here she is during the shoot of the video where she appeared...


     And here's the video of the band Melody Maker where Naya was featured...


     Naya in her usual 'hanging out' clothes...


     "My friends and other people will tell me 'you're so weird, wanna be a Japanese girl or whatever.' " That doesn't bother her at all, rather, she's glad that she's not like the other girls.  "I am unique."  And she's quite grateful too that her family is always supportive of her.

     Thanks Naya for sharing your awesome pictures and your story.  You are indeed unique and very interesting.  I'm sure you have inspired a lot of people by just being yourself.

     Thank you Naya for showing us how you look.

~ Read more about her on her blog: Daily of NayaWockeeZ
~ Follow her on twitter...

*Photos used with permission from Nadya Kirana Paramita.
*Video of Melody Maker courtesy of YouTube.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this so cool,naya would be proud of this.naya & i have been tweeting for like a month now,but I've never thought,she's so talented as ever.I know now who really naya is.She's Indonesian & I am filipino,Asians,right? getting along with each other on "twitter",but were "sistahs" as naya ,says that's because of THE JABBAWOCKEEZ,additional info. she love's Chris Gatdula of the JBWKZ,she even made a song for Him."My Dream".watch that in her youtube account.Keep it up! sistah. Thanks,Mike for doing this to Naya.

Momiji said...

She is my beloved "BUNDA"
I'm really glad I have a friend like her.
She is the BEST.
Bunda最高!d(>_< )

NayaWockeeZ said...

FIRST!!!

Thank You Myke for featured me...
I really I appreciate it... why u wrote it so awesome like this Myke??? *blush*
once again ... THANK YOU SO MUCH.. next time I'll share my another stories to you... ^^
*I'll Promoted ur blog^^*

Lynn : ahhh.... ur so sweet sistah... *BLUSH* Thank you I appreciate it... NEXT FEATURED IS YOU SISTAH, U SHOULD!!! *hohoho~*
that's so TRUE... I LOVE C.GAT from Jabbawockeez... *nose bleed*. even though just tweetting in twitter, we had a sisterhood like usual.. ^^ yeah ROCK ASIANS!! Love you sistah..

Ayu : here she is... my little pretty girl.. ahah.. Bunda means Mother in Indonesia. ahah.. I love when she called me like that^^ *although I'm not Married* . NEXT FEATURED IS YOU AYU CHAN!!! *look Myke.. I'm command my best friends to join with us.. LOL* Love You Ayu..


DON'T FORGET TO SEND UR AWESOME STORIES TO AWESOME MICHAEL [SHOW ME YOUR LOOK TODAY] CAN'T WAIT TO SEE NEXT STORIES... ^^

Jeyps said...

Hi Naya, you simply amazed me. I like the way you express yourself. You are what you wear. I am sure you inspired a lot of your friends to do the same thing, "to amazingly express yourself to yourself not to anybody else" (im sure you know what I mean). Michael should feature more of like you. Michael is such a genius to have created this blog for us.

Anonymous said...

i so love your blog kuya mike. it's inspiring. :)
i want to dress like Naya too. :)
her fashion statement is so grool. :)
NAYA: can i have your hangin' out skirt. :)
*the one that you are wearing paired with the boots. :).

--joreenxxiv♥

NayaWockeeZ said...

WOW... I can't belived it that you all likes me.. *tears of joy* that's be my honor for replay this...

@Jeyps : Hello Jeyps, nice to meet you... honestly I'm inspired by my all awesome friends here, who have an awesome personality too. yeah,I understand what u mean^^ I'm just show they way I am to people and I'm proud to be myself even they're not like it. still positive thinking and show your look at this blog too Jeyps..^^ *I'm waiting ^^*

@ joreenxxiv : Hello joreen..yeah Myke's blog so inspiring me too^^. [just do it] IT with no fear and stayed positive thinking when you wear it^^. ahahah... honestly, it's a shorts, not a skirt..^^ *I love make or buy a shorts like skirt :P*


Don't forget to send ur awesome story for myke, fellas.. it's so dope!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...