The DPWH Photoshop Fiasco

       Hey guys, what's up?

     After typhoon Pedring has brought havoc to the country this week, I guess everybody deserves to have a break.  What are your plans for the weekend?  Me, I plan to do absolutely nothing.  Aside from going to church tomorrow, I'll just probably be home all day.  Anyway, earlier today, Jeb and I went to Eastwood to try Somethin' Fishy's breakfast buffet.  We were in a bit of a hurry 'cause I woke up late (what's new? LOL!) so I just wore something comfortable.


     In my old and torn Levi's, comfortable slippers, plus my favorite white Armani shirt and Ray-Ban to block the sun -- I'm all set!  Yep, that and an empty stomach of course.  Haha!  Anyway, if you wanna check what Jeb and I ate at Somethin' Fishy, click here.

     I'm supposed to post this right after we got home but something amusing yet a truly serious matter caught my attention when I opened my facebook.  The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) has been the subject of criticisms for releasing a photo that was allegedly 'Photoshopped.'  The photo which they posted on their facebook page meant to show some officials conducting field inspection on the ruins left by the recent typhoon 'Pedring.'  

This photo,  Inquirer News said, was deleted 2 minutes after it was posted.
And was replaced by this, still according to Inquirer News...
     Anyway, it was Pierre Albert San Diego who noticed the discrepancies on the image and posted his analysis on his blog.  I admire Mr. San Diego for his vigilance and courage.  I wish Filipinos would be more like him.
Taken from San Diego's blog, this is his analysis of the
'Photoshopped' image.  Click to enlarge.
     This news has reached the Washington Post and I encourage you guys to read more on the issue.  Be concerned at the same time be amused -- as many others has taken the liberty to follow DPWH's lead and has made their own versions of what they call now as 'The Great DPWH Photoshop Meme.'

     Among the many, this is my favorite (as you know, I still have the hangover for Game of Thrones).


     My fellow Filipinos who were affected by 'Pedring' are finding their way, little by little,  to stand back up.  Life goes on, but even if it does, let's not forget the lessons of the here and now.  Let's not turn a blind eye to what is real and imminent.  We all wish for what's best for our country, then let's help in our own little ways to help realize that elusive dream.  Lastly, let's have a bit of Pierre Albert San Diego in all of us and those before him who have taken the courage to speak up and take a stand.

      Until my next post!

*Second and 3rd photos were taken from Inquirer News, 4th photo taken from Pierre Albert San Diego's blog and 5th photo taken from DPWH's facebook page.

8 comments:

My Good Life Blog said...

That's is so wrong.... It's like adding pain to the injury. People were given high hopes that they are taken care off by the government but sad to say it was just a lie. hhhmmmmmm.... When will this people set aside this kind of attitudes? tsk, tsk, tsk....

shah said...

nice2

e1 said...

with adobe, we can do anything.. ehehehehe. nice one pare..

Cahaya said...

happy weekend Michael. :)

tuwentytri said...

wow nice article :) the photoshopped picture is actually funny hihi

http://www.forevertuwentytri.tumblr.com/

Somoon said...

Morning visit here, have a nice day.

ENGLISH TIPS said...

Bad weather, I knew about that I talked with a friend of mine from Philippines and she told me about the typhoon, hope that everything is under control, no long I talked to you. Change of subject, do you use a blog's banner? 160x80 if so, let me know. Take care, my beloved friend. Carlos from Brazil

Designer Mom said...

waaaaah the cutting of those people are too obvious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...